Monday, 12 August 2013

If we could only measure the distance that someone could walk to reach our soul...

            
We all have friends that we love, appreciate,  and sometimes try to help even if they are far away. When a friend leaves to embrace a new job in a new country with new people we feel so happy and at the beginning we share with them all the positive thoughts and we try a projection of all the amazing things that they will get to do, feel and see. And then off they go. After a while they call you and you feel a strange voice at the other end of the line, a little scared voice that even strong people can experience sometimes. And they say I miss home! (or something like that) And you feel trapped, what is the best thing to say?

So my dear friend, because I wasn't able or I didn't have the time to tell you on the phone what I felt, I am going to write it down so you can read it from the corner of your new world.
We all have dreams and yours is beautiful, you always wanted to travel because we all know you weren't made to settle before you had your crazy adventure.  Now you're there, and sometimes when our dream is so close that we are actually in it, it is normal to feel scared and confused. We know what we want and when we wanted but even so sometimes we don't expected to happen so soon and therefore that small scared voice comes out. Remember that dreams have stages as well : comfort, stretch and panic. When we discussed about you becoming  what you are training now to become you were in your comfort zone, and that thought was amazing. When your ticket was delivered and you had a departure date finalized, you were starting with small steps to enter the stretch zone.Then after a while, as you had like a month to get used with the idea, that stretch zone become your comfort zone, and you were very happy again. And this process will always repeat itself during your stay there. You just need to give yourself time and space.  So what I am trying to say is that in order to live our dreams we need to accept the small parts when we feel stretched . Nevertheless I am just trying to reassure you that everything that you are going through is normal.  Try to remember the main objectives of you being there and how few years ago only the thought of getting that and being there was bringing light into your lovely eyes, and then you used to say- I don't think that is possible!  This being said the only thing that is left to say is that according to you, you are living your own idea of - impossible. Enjoy it! Hard work always pays off. 
 The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.” ( G. K. Chesterton) 
So you chose to be a traveler.

Stay positive!
W.P

0 comments:

Post a Comment